Saturday, April 16, 2011

Love, Loss, and What I Wore




Love, loss, and what I wore was billed to me as a "chick flick," and while it certainly fits that criteria it's really so much more. It was funny, poignant, and moving. The actors were great. One of my favorite parts was performed by Fredi Walker Brown dealing with purses. And while it may seem a female-centric topic, anybody who carries a bag will laugh out loud at the problems we face to keep our bags organized. Fredi Walker Brown really stands out amongst this group of talented actors.

As enjoyable as it was, Love, Loss, and What I wore, was somewhat annoying in the repeated refrain that a woman's well-being is somehow linked to her choice of clothing and or weight. No doubt these are real issues that women face in our society but I would have hoped that in 2011 we might move beyond such superficial nonsense.

All in all, great acting and terrific material that made for a very enjoyable night.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment