Friday, January 21, 2011

Mieka Sparkles

Last night was the debut of Mieka Pauley's new band at Rockwood Music Hall. They sparkled


She's done some great stuff with bands in the past but I've always preferred her solo. Her voice is so spectacular I've always felt the band was crowding on to her voice.

They opened with Marked Man. This is one of my favorite songs, and to Mieka's credit she never fails to impress when she performs it. But this was one song I didn't think worked well with previous bands.

I was in for a surprise! Mieka brought up Kiri Jewell and Stefanie Bassett from AwShockKiss and they instantly lit up the crowd. It was easily one of the best performances of Marked Man I've ever heard.

The rest of the set only cemented my love for the new band. It was obvious Mieka and the band were having fun. You couldn't help but smile as they played.

Stay tuned. I got some amazing sound from last night's show. You won't want to miss it.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment